Tuesday 1 January 2013
The World is my Oyster
Clearly I had too much to drink last night, the guy at the garage said to me: "You look different today, were you the last to leave the party?" Hmm, was it that obviously I was totally shit faced yesterday evening and spouting all my plans for the New Year.
Quitting smoking, is always top of my list, lets see, we are 14 hours in and I have epically failed at that one...again.
Drinking less is another one of my personal favourites but for some reason, I always seem to spectacularly fail. Perhaps I should change it to drink more, that way I can't lose. I'm convinced at some point today, I will have a hair of the dog, or two, or three. Sod it, I'm going to find the biggest hairiest dog and devour it.
This year though, I want to set some meaningful resolutions that I can stick to. Here is my list:
1. Work harder and smarter. If I don't like your product, or want to review it then I wont. When I started this blogging journey, I took everything going. Now it's my space and I know what works and what doesn't.
2. Stop giving my children snacks just for the peace. I will however still use sweets as a bribe. Let's not lose sight of what's important here.
3. If I choose to have a glass of wine in the evenings, I will not then proceed to wash it down with the entire bottle.
4. Get organised - I sometimes don't know my arse from my elbow. I can no longer think it's a success to leave the house with two kids in tow. I will endeavour not to leave my bag on the pavement when I drive off, or out in public, or at a friend's house.
I will also know where my keys, phone and bank card are at all times. I will not waste anymore precious hours tracking them down.
5. At points this year, I have drank wine and had a good cry - but as of today, I will only be drinking mojitos knowing the world is my oyster. - Thank you Lou, for yesterday's words of wisdom.
New Year, New Start - Hope you all enjoy this year's journey.